- New: sticky keys implemented.
You can define a hotkey to almost any action that you may perform via UI. To define a hotkey move your cursor over the required action and press the END key. Then press the required key combination. Keys can be specific for the current room or even a tool. One key may be assigned to multiple actions or tools simultaneously (called Stacked Keys). Stacked Keys allows you to cycle through multiple tools with a single hotkey. If you define a single action, tool or preset to a key, then you can use Sticky Keys. Pressing the key will activate tool and if you continue to hold it then release, it will activate the previous tool. In such a way you may temporarily activate some tool like freeze for example. With Sticky Keys, if you activate tool via hotkey and press the assigned key again, it will re-activate the previously used tool. Sticky keys does not work with Stacked Keys. Softimage users knows the sticky mode, it works similar.
- New: A custom hint can be assigned to any preset now.
- Update: Artman's presets updated.
- Improvement: Pinch tool improved a lot - now it applies displacement + more accurate + separate pressure curves for depth and pinch.
- Improvement: Brushes were improved even more. Rotation stabilisation improved. Now the Rapid brush is very accurate and nice.
- Improvement: Sync with Photoshop and other psd compatible editors keeps correct visibility of layers exchange.
- Improvement: Baking works cleaner now, especially on thin surfaces and hardsurface geometry, additionally at uv seam positions.
- Change: Now a dot will be used in brush center instead of a cross.
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Monday, July 15, 2013
- Surface mode brushes tuned a lot to produce good and predictable result. Especially the following:
Draw, Clay, Flatten, Chiesel, Rapid, Rqapid2, Claws, Claws2, Mud, Mud2, LC, Lute
Andrew especially recommend Rapid, Rapid2 and Flatten with Buildup.
- Problem (relatively rare) with first big spot when brushing with pen finally resolved.
- Better stability of LC & Remove stretching brushing, no more black dots.
- Loop subdivision tool implemented in surface tools. It is just regular mesh subdivision, very helpful for accurate detailing.
- Smoother tool to smooth selected area at infinity degree. This is valence independent smoothing of some area regardless on it's topology. Instead of iterative smoothing it solves directly the Poisson equation. There is option to preserve details and get area that preserves general shape but vanishes details.
- Delete all layers changed to "Delete unused layers"
- Top panel optimized for lower resolution, it may work correctly on 1280x... screens
- Artman's preset included by default. It overwrites existing artman tools once after installing
Monday, July 8, 2013
- Many surface brushes got 2 new parameters - Normals sampling and Buildup. It is very important for convenient and predictable sculpting.
- New major feature (Split&Joints) in 3D-Coat for 3D-printing: http://pilgway.com/files/SplitNJoint1.png http://pilgway.com/files/Joints2.png
- Lathe tool (one of primitives) - http://bit.ly/14Int9B , other example - http://bit.ly/19Og3YZ
- New principle of pinching introduced - "Angulator" tool. See there - http://pilgway.com/files/Angulator.png
- Primitives/Models may perform intersection or splitting of objects in scene
- Primitives functionality and UI improved, now you may choose boolean operation type - http://www.3d-coat.com/files/SplitPrim.png
- Very nice and convenient grids and snapping improvements! Look there - http://bit.ly/121Xozk , http://bit.ly/17EjLDW
- Lute brush - http://pilgway.com/files/Lute.png
- Spherical/Cylindrical mapping introduced for masks and materials - http://bit.ly/165Lats
- Now every tool in voxel room may be duplucated or hidden via RMB: http://bit.ly/12a9wiS . It allows to replace and customize existing tools
- If ptex scene has multiple objects, it is now possible to export ptx files separately, one ptx file per object. Colored specular/emissive export for ptex done too.
- Several mantis reported problems fixed.
Click here to download the current BETA version : Wanna have it...